Wednesday, April 11, 2018

MisterMJ MLB 4/11...And the Size of My Unit. Size Matters

Today's MLB Records and System Tracking picks are included below. But first a small rant about "Unit" size.

This simple system for Early Season MLB Dogs is now up nearly 9 units.  1 unit = $50 for record keeping. 

I think people get very confused and manipulated by people when it comes to "UNITS". 

What is a Unit? Well...that is part of the problem. They can be anything we want them to be.

This is how I look at it. 

To me...one unit should be a standard size bet that is comparable to what most people would use or at least understand. Thus....I use $50 = 1 unit. It's similar in value to how most people wager. 

Maybe larger...maybe smaller but completely understandable to all of us. We have a good feel for what fifty bucks represents...and how it feels to win fifty...or lose fifty.

The reason people manipulate unit amounts is usually to give the impression that they are winning more. 

For instance....if I put the value of a unit at $10 for this system but bet 5 units on each pick... it would be up nearly 90 units right now instead of 9 units. But the amount of profit would be exactly the same. It just sounds better to say 90 units.

Personally...I always think it is a red flag to watch for when somebody is bragging about huge unit amounts.  

Of course then we can also talk about Star Systems or betting different amounts on different bets which "might" be a reason to have smaller value "Units" for ease of betting.

That's all fine... but...you Must have a good idea of the expected probability to do that. In my opinion...that is something hardly anyone is very good at...and in general... for most, it would end up being bad money management.

Yesterday's Results 3-3-0 50.00% +$59.50 For a Fifty Dollar Bettor

4/11
Today's MLB Early Season Dog Tracking Picks

01:10 PM MIN +131
01:15 PM MIL +145
03:10 PM SD +140
07:10 PM MIA +132
08:05 PM PIT +169
10:10 PM OAK +167

Overall Record 26-29-0 47.27% +$447.50 For a Fifty Dollar Bettor

Follow me at my Blog 

Follow me on Twitter:

Follow me on Facebook:

And Always Find Me Here or View the Twitter Feed: 



No comments: